So I had kites, but I didn't own a kitesurfing board - the obvious solution was obvious. Saw + sandpaper + wood = Kitesurfboard.

I didn't document too much of the creation process, but it was basically just a case of nailing two pieces of wood to my floor and forcing the lump of plywood between them. The I steam ironed it daily, slowly moving the wood closer together. Over time, it got a bend!

I slapped on some resin and some varnish, after the graphics and there it is.

It snapped pretty rapidly, due to the lack of any sort of strength (a fatal error in fact....), but it taught me something important. If all you have is a saw, a piece of sandpaper, a small room and a dream, then nothing can stop you.